Language Link is currently seeking an Academic Manager (AM) to join our public schools program, Schools Link!
Schools Link is Language Link’s highly successful English language education program in Vietnamese schools. We currently have more than 170 English teachers teaching over 30,000 students in 12 districts across Hanoi. Our program consistently receives high ratings from students and parents. Our Schools Link program caters to Primary, Secondary and High School students in Hanoi.
Salary and Benefits
– Monthly Salary: Attractive and negotiable based on experience
– Attractive completion bonus
– Monthly telephone and travel allowance
– Public holidays: Per public calendar
– Annual Leave: 15.5 Days
– Sick Leave: 03 Days
– Medical Insurance (Full Inpatient and Evacuation): Provided
– Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV (except for document authentication)
The AM is contracted to work a 40-hour week on-site, normally over a 5-day week. Monday – Friday.
– An advanced degree, preferably in Education
– A DELTA or equivalent teaching certificate
– At least 4 years experience in academic management
– Provide the Schools Link teaching team with academic management and support;
– Design placement tests/ progress tests/ and final tests for schools (primary, secondary and high schools);
– Develop and manage the development of the programs in primary, secondary and high schools and projects that Schools Link might be involve in;
– Provide leadership in induction, training, mentoring, observing, managing, supporting, and organizing a growing team of English teachers and Vietnamese Teacher assistants;
– Coordinate with teacher recruiters to recruit teachers for Schools Link;
– Provide on-going teacher development for the team;
– Develop and conduct teacher workshops at schools to help them increase the quality of their schools’ English teaching team. Facilitate, develop and implement training for teachers of district department;
– Work closely with schedulers of the project and at schools to make sure teachers are used most effectively in line with their skills and experience;
– Be involved in relationship building between LLV, schools, government, and other related parties with coordination and support from Business Development head if required;
– Managing the assessment and reporting procedures very clearly and in a timely fashion, with ongoing and formal tests, and reporting on student progress to schools and parents;
– Be involved in marketing, organizing and supervising activities promoting the Schools Link project;
– Work closely with Operation team dealing with customers’ complaints (students, parents, schools);
– Work closely with Operation team dealing with regular and irregular inspections from MOET and DOET.