Language Link is currently seeking an Academic Coordinator (AC) to join our public schools program, Schools Link!
Schools Link is Language Link’s highly successful English language education program in Vietnamese schools. We have more than 170 foreign English teachers teaching over 32,000 students in Hanoi’s urban districts. Our programs consistently receive high ratings from students and parents. Our Schools Link program caters to Primary, Secondary and High School students in Hanoi.
Start date: December, 2023 or sooner
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive monthly salary is up to VND 75,000,000 based on experience
- Paid Public Holidays & Christmas Holiday
- Paid Annual Leave & Sick Leave
- Full In-Patient, Partial Out-Patient, Evacuation and Repatriation Medical Insurance
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship fully provided and paid for by LLV (except for document authentication).
- Monthly telephone and travel allowances
- Direct deposit for payroll on the same day each month.
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year experience in in academic management
- At least 3 years’ Young Learner teaching experience (preferably in public schools)
- A CELTA (or equivalent) teaching certificate with teaching practicum
The AC is contracted to work a 44-hour week on-site, normally over a 5-day week from Monday to Friday. Very infrequent work on weekends if required by the line manager.
This position is based at 34T but with regular travel to Schools Link centres and partner schools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the Schools Link teaching team with academic management and support in collaboration with the Academic Manager (AM) and fellow Academic Coordinators.
- Manage the creation and quality of unit/ midterm/ final/ placement tests, development work for Regional Head Teachers and teachers, pacing guides, primary projects curriculum and other projects as necessary for the primary programme.
- Assist the Academic Manager and the Teacher Recruitment Welfare Manager with recruiting new teachers and disciplining existing teachers as necessary.
- Assist the Academic Manager and Head of Schools Link to expand and improve the quality of the primary programme (e.g. by exploring new course books or other materials) and the Schools Link programme as a whole (e.g. expanding or updating existing policies and procedures).
- Manage daily issues and support Regional Head Teachers to handle issues affecting teachers and schools within a designated region of the programme.
- Carry out observations as required during the academic year and during each of the observation cycles with written and verbal feedback, including follow-up observations within Teaching Development Plans.
- Manage underperforming teachers within a designated region of the programme and support Regional Head Teachers to accurately identify and coach these teachers through a Teaching Development Plan in preparation for successful observation by an AC or AM.
- Plan and deliver sharing sessions and workshops that help teachers develop specific competencies to improve their teaching (about one a day during induction weeks).
- Liaise with members of the Academic and Operations Team on a daily basis to communicate issues and solve problems.
- Assist the Social Events Team to design and implement teacher recognition programmes and coordinate social events.
- Participate in school events and meetings (e.g. opening/ closing/ award ceremonies/ weekly meetings) and school outreach events (e.g. school assemblies, competitions, parent workshops).
- Provide emergency cover as necessary (be on 2nd round call one half day a week).
- Teach own classes (maximum 3 hours per week).
- Perform other tasks at the Academic Manager or Schools Link Director’s discretion as appropriate.