Language Link has been a leading player in the global ELT industry for over forty years, and Language Link Vietnam has been operating in Vietnam for more than twenty years. As an established and trusted educational organisation, Language Link Vietnam aims to reinforce its position as the market leader in innovative and quality academic programmes and helping learners achieve outstanding academic results.
Our mission is to help students and trainees get measurably high achievements at school and in all English tests and examinations, to provide an innovative, effective, and efficient learning solution to learners in the workplace, and to help students get into elite secondary and high schools and universities, and for adult learners to make progress in their careers.
Language Link works closely with the Ministry of Education and Training and the Hanoi Department of Education and Training to promote English learning in Vietnamese schools, and has organised the Hanoi English Olympics for the past thirteen years.
Schools Link started collaborating with local public and private primary, secondary, and high schools in Hanoi ten years ago, delivering programmes based on guidelines set by the Ministry of Education and Training. Schools Link has enjoyed remarkable growth over the last decade and we now work with around seventy tier one schools across the city, with over 130 teachers and 250 teaching assistants bringing our English language training to more than 30,000 students, many of whom would otherwise not be able to access high-quality language training.
The Schools Link Primary Product (SLPP) is an in-house coursebook designed to consolidate, supplement, and extend the Tieng Anh series of English language textbooks created by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education.
Roles and Responsibilities
As the Schools Link Primary Product Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the design and creation of student-facing SLPP materials for Grades 1 to 5, working to meet the requirements of the Academic and Operations team. You will work to clear specifications laid out by the project manager and will ensure that the book design project is accomplished to the established requirements regarding quality, timeframe, and budget. You will report to the Schools Link Academic Manager and the Schools Link Primary Product Implementation Manager (SLPPIM).
- Work with the Project Manager (SLPPIM) and development team to develop design concept.
- Illustrate the design concept by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layouts for approval to regular deadlines.
- Work closely with the Project manager and development team to create engaging graphic and text content for the YL coursebook series and all student-facing materials (e.g. flashcards, tests, etc.) including:
|Book||Number of Units||Number of Lessons||Number of Pages (Student Book)||Number of Pages (Activity Book)|
|Schools Link Primary Grade 1||8||65||98||56|
|Schools Link Primary Grade 2||8||65||98||56|
|Schools Link Primary Grade 3||10||65||110||56|
|Schools Link Primary Grade 4||10||65||110||56|
|Schools Link Primary Grade 5||10||65||110||56|
- Closely follow project time frame, meeting all agreed deadlines.
- Meet regularly with Project Manager and development team to get input and agreement on designs and updates on any changes to the project.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Amend designs after feedback, review final layouts, and make improvements as needed.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Make sure all design works do not infringe copyright.
- Complete other project-related tasks at the direction of the Project Manager and development team.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- Understanding and experience of publishing requirements for course books.
- Experience with computer-aided design.
- An ability to visualise and interpret ideas and requirements.
- Solid understanding of the relationship between content, visual design, layout, and UX.
- Proficient in English reading and speaking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Time-management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- English proficiency at CEFR B1+ level.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Experience of working with native speakers of English.
- Experience of working in Education.
- An understanding or Young Learners, their characteristics, interests, and UX.
- Teaching experience to Young Learners.