Ride-sharing apps in Vietnam have become an integral part of daily transportation for many people. Booking ride-sharing apps in Vietnam is essential for modern transportation convenience and safety. They provide a hassle-free way to secure rides, offering quick access to a network of drivers and vehicles. Want to know top 3 apps in Vietnam & tips when booking these apps?
Top 3 ride-sharing apps in Vietnam 2023
Grab is a Singapore-based multinational technology company that provides a wide range of on-demand services, primarily in Southeast Asia. Founded in 2012, Grab started as a ride-hailing platform but has since expanded its offerings to become a “super app”. It encompasses various services beyond transportation. Here are some key aspects of Grab:
- Ride-Hailing: Grab initially gained popularity as a ride-hailing service. Similar to Gojeck & Be, allowing users to book rides from a network of drivers using a mobile app. Users can request rides in various vehicle types, including cars, motorbikes, and taxis.
- Food Delivery: GrabFood is a food delivery service offered by Grab. Users can order food from local restaurants and have it delivered to their doorstep using the Grab app.
- Delivery Services: Grab provides delivery services beyond food, including courier and parcel delivery (GrabExpress) and grocery delivery (GrabMart). Users can send packages or purchase groceries through the app.
- Payment Services: GrabPay is the company’s digital wallet and payment platform. It allows users to make cashless transactions, pay for rides, order food, and more using their smartphones.
- Financial Services: Grab offers various financial services through Grab Financial Group, including digital lending, insurance, and investment products.
- Online Shopping: Grab has ventured into e-commerce with GrabMart, which allows users to shop for a variety of products online, including groceries, household items, and more.
- Travel Services: The platform also provides travel-related services such as booking flights, hotels, and bus tickets.
Grab is popular for its widespread presence in Southeast Asia, serving millions of users in countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, and others. The company has played a significant role in the digital transformation of transportation and on-demand services in the region.
Link to download:
This is an Indonesian technology company that provides a wide range of on-demand services through its mobile app. Founded in 2010, Gojek initially started as a ride-hailing platform has since expanded its offerings. Here are some key aspects of Gojek:
- Ride-Hailing: Gojek’s ride-hailing service allows users to book rides from a network of drivers using their mobile app. Initially, it focused on motorbike rides, which are a popular mode of transportation in many Southeast Asian cities. Over time, Gojek has also introduced car ride services.
- Food Delivery: GoFood is Gojek’s food delivery service, which enables users to order food from a wide variety of restaurants and have it delivered to their location.
- Parcel and Courier Services: Gojek provides courier and delivery services, allowing users to send packages or documents to different locations within the city.
- Payment Services: GoPay is Gojek’s digital wallet and payment platform. Users can top up their GoPay balance and use it for various transactions, including paying for rides, ordering food, shopping, and more.
- Grocery Delivery: Gojek has expanded into grocery delivery with GoShop, allowing users to order groceries and household items through the app.
- Other On-Demand Services: Gojek offers a range of other on-demand services, such as house cleaning (GoClean), massage and spa services (GoMassage), beauty treatments (GoGlam), and more.
- Financial Services: Through partnerships and subsidiaries, Gojek has ventured into financial services, including digital lending and insurance products.
Gojek has a significant presence in Indonesia, where it was founded, and has expanded its services to other Southeast Asian countries. It has played a crucial role in digitizing various aspects of everyday life, from transportation and food delivery to financial transactions and more, making it one of the leading tech companies in the region.
Link to download:
In the midst of a crowd of individuals in uniform, there are drivers associated with Be Group. These drivers can be identified by their jackets and helmets, which feature distinctive yellow and black stripes. Although Be Group is a relatively recent entrant into Vietnam’s ride-hailing sector, having been founded in 2018, it is rapidly establishing itself as a formidable competitor in the industry.
- Quick Booking Support: The application interface is intuitive and easy to use, requiring just a few steps to book beCar or beBike. After installing the be app, when you need to travel, you only need to connect to the internet and enable location services to easily book a ride.”
- Diversed Services: The Be application provides services for booking motorbikes, cars, airplane tickets, passenger buses, express delivery, along with various other excellent accompanying utilities. Up to now, the application has been used and trusted by 10 million customers.
- Support for Multiple Payment Methods: Be is one of the popular apps in Vietnam offers users the convenience of paying with both cash and cards. From now on, you don’t need to worry if you don’t have cash on hand when booking a ride.”
- Swift Updates on Promotions: Be continuously updates its promotional programs. You simply need to open the application and monitor the ongoing promotions, then apply them to your ride.”
Link to download:
Notes when booking these apps in Vietnam
When booking ride-hailing or service apps like Be, Grab, or Gojek, it’s essential to take notes and follow certain guidelines to ensure a smooth and safe experience. Here are some notes to consider when using such apps:
- Verify the Driver: Before entering the vehicle, confirm the driver’s identity. Check the driver’s photo, name, and license plate number against the information provided in the app. Some apps also provide driver ratings and reviews.
- Share Your Trip: Many ride-hailing apps offer features that allow you to share your trip details with a friend or family member. Use this option for added safety, especially during nighttime or in unfamiliar areas.
- Follow the Route: Keep an eye on the route displayed in the app and compare it to the driver’s route. This helps ensure you’re heading in the right direction.
- Keep Your Phone Charged: Ensure your phone has sufficient battery charge, as you may need it for navigation or contacting someone in case of an emergency.
- Emergency Contacts: Familiarize yourself with the app’s emergency contact or SOS feature, which can be used to report safety concerns during a ride.