Teaching English at international schools is one of the jobs that many English teachers are interested in. Not only bringing a good source of income, teaching at an international school also gives them great experiences. To equip you with a lot of useful information, in today’s article Language Link will share with you the ways to teach in international schools & and introduce to you some international schools in Vietnam.
How to teach in international schools
With the current development and investment in education, more and more international schools appear in Vietnam. The demand for children to attend international schools is also increasing. The quality of teaching and facilities is one of the things that help international schools create their own brands and become more and more known. As the number of students increases, the demand for teachers of international schools also increases.
Many teachers plan to seek teaching jobs in international schools. However, they often do not know the specific requirements of international schools in Vietnam. What positions can they apply for in the international school? And how much salary can they get?
1. Requirements when teaching in international schools
You can receive a very high salary along with many other benefits such as accommodation, transportation, meals, travel, . . And even support to do all the paperwork to help you live and work in Vietnam for a long time if you become a teacher of international schools. Good salary, good benefits, but it also requires more of you accordingly.
A degree is one of the required prerequisites if you want to teach in international schools. Besides, TEFL certification is also very important to help you compete better. You are also required to have extensive experience, pedagogical skills, communication skills and especially be able to connect with students.
Not only that, international schools appreciate teachers with good soft skills. In particular, it is necessary to mention the skills of caring, patience and love for students. You must be a good teacher, good at imparting knowledge and not allowed to hit and scold your students. This is one of the prohibited actions in international schools. You can be disciplined and severely punished if you violate So, if you are a hot-tempered person, it will be difficult for you to succeed in international schools if you do not learn to be patient.
2. How can I apply for a job at an international school?
There are many positions that a foreign teacher can apply for when he wants to teach in international schools. English teachers are the most popular. However, the characteristics of international schools are that they are taught entirely in English, and students must take a language test before being enrolled in the school. Therefore, you can also teach other subjects besides English such as math, music, art, …
So how can you apply to international schools in Vietnam?
- Learn about the culture and living standards in Vietnam. This is an important first step if you are planning to teach English at international schools in Vietnam. Make sure that this is the right country for you
- Find out about the number of international schools in Vietnam, follow the website to update recruitment news and recruitment requirements. This action helps you to always have the best preparation to meet all the recruitment requirements and be ready to apply when you see a suitable position.
- Make sure that you have all the qualifications and skills you need to be eligible to apply. This is a mandatory requirement in all international schools
- Remember to survey the salary to be able to negotiate better salary. You have qualifications and skills, you should be confident deal a salary compared to your qualifications. But do not forget to monitor the salary situation of international school teachers in Vietnam to avoid dealing with too low or too high salary.
- Gain experience in teaching profession. To create the best score for your CV, and at the same time increase your competitiveness with other candidates, become a seasoned person in the teaching profession. You can teach multiple classes online or have teaching experience anywhere. You can also register to participate in many charity teaching activities while learning about international schools.
Popular international schools in Vietnam
As mentioned earlier, Vietnam currently has a lot of international schools due to the increasing demand for development and investment and education. Below is information about some reputable international schools in Vietnam that you can refer to.
1. Australian International School: Teach in international schools – AIS
The Australian International School (AIS) accepts students from all over the world and teaches from Kindergarten to Grade 13. AIS offers the Baccalaureate Diploma (IB DP) and Cambridge Program (IGCSE). AIS is the only international school in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City has an international standard boarding area.
- Address: 264 Mai Chi Tho, An Phu Ward, City. Thu Duc, HCMC.
- Điện thoại: 028 3742 4040
- Website: https://www.aisvietnam.com/vi
- Email: email@example.com
2. British International School Hanoi: prestigious international school in Vietnam
British International School Hanoi is one of the international secondary schools in Hanoi under the Nord Anglia educational organization and accredited by the Department of Education and Training. The school offers all four levels of education from Kindergarten to High School.
This is an international high school in Hanoi with a curriculum that combines the educational quintessence of the UK and Vietnam. With the distillation and combination of two English and Vietnamese educations, a unique international education program has been created, helping students to both have a global mindset and preserve national cultural values.
- Address: Royal City, No. 72A Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
- Phone: (84-4) 6266 8800
- Website: .nordangliaeducation.com/en/our-schools/vietnam/hanoi/bvi
3. International School Ho Chi Minh City: Modern international school with many training models
ISHCMC) offers training from Kindergarten to High School. ISHCMC is the first school in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City is on the list of IB World Schools (IB World School). ISHCMC offers all three International Baccalaureate (IB) programs including: Primary (PYP), Secondary (MYP) and Diploma (DP) for students from 2 to 18 years old.
– Primary School: 28 Vo Truong Toan, An Phu Ward, City. Thu Duc, City. HCM.
– High School: 01 Xuan Thuy, Thao Dien, City. Thu Duc, City. HCM.
- Website: https://www.ishcmc.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Saigon South International school: teach in international school – SSIS
Saigon South International School (SSIS) provides an American-standard education for students from EC (Early Childhood) grades to 12th grade. The school also offers the Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) and AP Courses. (Advanced Placement) as well as other pre-university courses, widening the opportunity for students to enter the right University anywhere in the world. SSIS’s teaching staff has an average of 17 years of teaching experience, more than 70% of the teachers have a master’s or doctorate degree. Saigon South International School has a campus of up to 6 hectares.
- Address: 78 Nguyen Duc Canh, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, City. HCM.
- Phone: 028 5413 0901
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.ssis.edu.vn/
5. Singapore International School: teach in international school – SIS
SIS – Singapore International School is an international secondary school in Hanoi belonging to KinderWorld Education Group with more than 30 years of operation in the field of education.
The school has an education system from elementary to the end of secondary school with outstanding advantages such as:
- Curriculum framework of the Singapore Ministry of Education and Cambridge University (UK)
- Have an internationally recognized qualification
- Have Certifications from prestigious Educational Institutions in the world
- Address: Road No. 2 Gamuda Gardens Urban Area, Km 4.4 Phap Van, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi
- Phone: +84 24 6666 1818
- Website: gamudagardens.sis.edu.vn/en/
Above is a list of some international schools in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. Moreover, it provides you with detailed information, what each international school is aiming for and the essential training services of each school. You can refer to it for more recruitment needs and where you find it suitable to teach in international schools
See more international schools in Vietnam here.
So the article has shared with you a lot of information to teach in international schools. Hope it will be useful to you.